K-12 Mentorship Opportunities
The CCCAC has a variety of partnerships with our neighboring San Jose community. We are passionate and strongly believe the youth is the next generation to be agents of change! Become a mentor for our K-12 students in the San Jose area and help mentor youth in an affirming and uplifting way!
Sembradores connects San Jose State University students (Undergraduate and Graduate) to mentor K-5th grade youth in the San Jose community in hopes to improve their sense of belonging and power as well as developing their literacy skills.
Applications to become a mentor are open now!
Apply Here: https://tinyurl.com/SembradoresF23
What we're looking for in a mentor:
- Passion for social justice and community change
- Passion for making an impact in the lives of K-5 youth
- Aspiring leaders
- Leadership development
- Excellent resume builder'
- $500 rewards for successful completion
- Great opportunity to gain experience in early childhood education, non-profit sector and higher education
- Applications Open: Monday, August 14-Friday, September 1
- Applications Due: Friday, September 1
- Acceptance Notification: Monday, September 4
- Acceptance Response: Wednesday, September 6
- Waitlist Notification: Friday, September 8
Strive for College (STARS)
Strive for College connects San Jose State University students (Undergraduate and Graduate) to mentor high school youth in the San Jose community aspiring to attend college in the future.
**Strive for college has been put on hold and aims to reopen its program in Fall of 2023.**
Got questions? Email us at: email@example.com