SJSU Evening Lyft Pilot Program
AS Transportation Solutions, in partnership with UPD Parking Services is launching the SJSU Evening Lyft Pilot Program that offers SJSU students enrolled in hybrid or in-person classes and who pay the student AS fee, Lyft credits for late-night rides to or from the campus coverage area during the eligible time windows. Eligible students will receive an email from Lyft Business with instructions on how to sign up!
- 3 free rides up to $10 each per month (students will be charged the difference for trips that exceed the credit amount)
- Mon-Fri 6:30PM – 1AM
- Must start or end in the coverage area (SJSU main campus)
- The radius is up to the outside border of the following streets:
- Northern Border ➡ E San Fernando St
- Western Border ➡ S 4th St
- Southern Border ➡ E San Salvador St
- Eastern Border ➡ S 10th St
- Valid on Standard Lyft rides only
- Students must pay the A.S. fee to participate in the program
Rides that do not start or end within the boundary area are not eligible for the credit. The student will be responsible for the cost of the trip.
How to Sign Up
Check your SJSU email inbox for an invitation from Lyft Business, and follow the steps to sign up. Once you click the link and join, the Evening Lyft Ride credit will apply to eligible rides during your time as an SJSU student.
If you did not receive an invitation and are eligible for the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t yet have a Lyft account? Download the app and create an account using your SJSU email to get started.
Claim your Lyft Pass today!
Just scan the QR code, follow the prompts, and be on your way.
- Make sure you have the latest Lyft app and your account is set up.
- Open your phone's camera and line it up with the QR code.
- A notification to open the Lyft app will pop up. Tap it.
- Verify your email address, and you'll be all set.
Don't want to use the QR code? You can claim your pass by entering code SJSURIDES in the Lyft Pass section of the app's 'Payment' tab.
Tips for Riding Smart with Lyft
- Verify your ride by ensuring the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved on from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real-time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- For more tips on how to ride safe with Lyft, visit the Lyft safety page
Lyft's Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health Safety Program, which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
- Read more about the program on the Lyft website
Additional Program Information
- If you request a ride that does not meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket.
- Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events, and prime time surcharges.
- Rides that exceed the $10 discount will be paid out of pocket by the rider.
- If you have issues with the Lyft app and using the credits please contact our office.
For any further questions or clarifications, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (408) 924-7433