Associated Students offers the following scholarships to San Jose State University students to help offset the costs of attending college. Apply through the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office starting in the spring.
- All applicants must be matriculated students who have completed a minimum of 15 semester units at SJSU and are in good standing
- Outgoing and past elected Associated Students officials are eligible to apply and receive an award.
- Incoming Associated Students elected officials are not eligible to receive the award
- Awards based on financial need must be verified by the Financial Aid Office and require supporting documentation as determined from the FAFSA application.
- Recipients are restricted to one A.S. Scholarship while attending SJSU.
- Must meet eligibility based on S05-04 University Qualifications.
- Award may not exceed a student's "cost of attendance" at San Jose State University and may affect their financial award package.
- GPA requirement shall be determined by a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and above (an exception is the A.S. Legacy Award, which required a 2.75 GPA). No letter of recommendation required.
A.S. Scholarships 2020 – 2021
Associated Students scholarship recipients demonstrate exemplary leadership and involvement in campus and community life, including student organizations, sports, campus committees, volunteerism, community and civic activism. A total of $70,000 was awarded to our deserving and admirable Spartans.
A.S. First-Generation Student Scholarship ($1,000 per recipient)
Awarded to students who are first in their family to attend college. The awardee is a role model for future first-generation students, supports the success of peers and acts as a mentor and support for the youth.
Alejandro Anaya Lau
Andrea Ortiz Perez
Cynthia Salina Garduno
Gladus Santos Vasquez
A.S. Legacy Award ($1,500 per recipient)
Awarded to students who encourage optimism and create a legacy through exemplary leadership, support, academic and extracurricular involvement and contribution for the betterment of the campus and the community.
Elaine Delos Reyes
Nessa Noelle Diamante
St. Saffold Leadership Scholarship ($1,000 per recipient)
Named after St Saffold, a well-recognized and honored SJSU alum, the scholarship is awarded to students who embody true SJSU leadership, inspiring peers to make a difference and to bring passion in helping others.
Mikayla Saffold Collins
A.S. Advocacy Award ($750 per recipient)
Awarded to students who strongly advocate for social justice through diverse forms of civic engagement, such as volunteer work and public activism, to create a more socially-conscious campus community.
Mohammed Motahedian Tabrizi
A.S. Global Scholar Award ($500 per recipient)
Awarded to students who understand the importance of social, political, environmental or economic issues on a worldwide scale and who have the passion to explore international cultures and societies.
Mar Adrian Santos
For any questions or inquiries please contact the A.S. Government office at
Diaz Compean Student Union, 2nd floor, Suite 2300
Telephone: (408) 924-6240