Rules of the Road
- Before riding, make sure to check for any damage, which includes examining the handlebars, brakes, throttle, bell, lights, tires, cables and frame.
- Always wear a bicycle helmet.
- See and be seen - wear proper gear when riding at night. Assume vehicle drivers and pedestrians do not see you, and ride with caution.
- Use caution when riding with headphones on. Keep volume low to be aware of your surroundings.
- Use the bell/horn to alert others.
- Do not make abrupt, unpredictable movements.
- Beware of obstacles. Slow down and lean back when you have to ride over bumps.
- Always keep both hands on the handlebars and keep items off the handlebars.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Only one person per e-scooter; additional riders can increase the risk and severity of collisions.
Fire Prevention for Personal E-Mobility Devices
- Always be present when charging devices using lithium-ion batteries. Never charge them while sleeping.
- Only use the charger that came with your device.
- Only use an approved replacement battery pack.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper charging and unplug the device when done.
- Never throw lithium batteries into the trash or general recycling. Instead, take them to your local battery recycler or hazardous waste collection center.