Sign up for your University Transit Pass!
The Smartpass request link for Spring 2023 is now open! Review our Smartpass overview page to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for your current status prior to
completing the online request form. Note: Your Tower ID is required for pick up.
What We Do
Transportation Solutions (TS) helps alleviate automobile traffic to SJSU and reduce the impact on the University’s parking facilities. TS is dedicated to serving the commute needs of students and employees at SJSU. Its region-wide operation emphasizes alternatives to driving to campus.
Our Getting Around SJSU brochure [pdf] has all the key information of programs we offer to support your transportation needs.
Check out Transit Map [pdf] featuring bus stops, light rail stations, BayWheels stations, bike and scooter parking, bike lanes, restaurants and more!
For our go-to information on TS events, sign up links, and other relevant info - visit our LinkTree!
Having issues with your Clipper Card? Fill out this form!
Commuter Resource Guides
This guide we created offers the need to know information impacting your commute.
Student Commute Resource Guide [pdf]
Employee Commute Resource Guide [pdf]
Additional Transit Resources
- SmartPass Program: Get unlimited rides on VTA buses and Light Rail with the SmartPass Clipper and your SJSU Tower Card.
- Bicycles: Learn more about bike use, storage, and safety on campus.
- Trip Plans: Find the best way to get to, from, and around campus with custom and pre-planned trips.
- Regional Transit: Find SJSU discounts on HWY 17 Express, Altamont Corridor Express, and Capitol Corridor.
- VTA Park and Ride Lots: Park free at any VTA lots and take light rail to SJSU using your SmartPass Clipper.
- Carpool: Share the costs of your commute. Carpool with a fellow Spartan - our resources make it easy!
Events & Updates
HWY 17 Express Bus Spring Service Updates: Three Highway 17 Express weekday morning northbound trips will continue past San Jose Diridon to San Fernando & 7th St. to serve downtown and San Jose State University. Three weekday afternoon/ evening southbound trips will begin from San Jose Diridon and serve Santa Clara St. and San Fernando & 7th St. stops, then continue to 10th St., I-280 and Highway 17 to Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz. All downtown/SJSU trips will include service to both Scotts Valley Transit Center and Scotts Valley Drive.. For more information please visit our Highway 17 Express Bus webpage.
Seamless Bay Area
Stay informed on how you can support creating a more equitable and seamless transportation system by signing up for the newsletter!
Transportation Solutions operates under the auxiliary organization Associated Students (AS). TS receives funding from the following sources:
- Part of the campus miscellaneous fees for Associated Students
- Annual grant ($95K) from UPD Parking Services’ Alternative Transportation Funds
- Grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District Transportation Fund for Clean
Air (TFCA). TS has received $2.1 million in grant funds from TFCA since 2001.
Awards & Recognitions
- Riders First Award presented by Seamless Bay Area, October 2022
- Bicycle Friendly University presented by the League of Bicycle Friendly America, September 2015
- The Clean Air Award presented by Breathe California, April 2009
- University of California, California State University and California Community Colleges Sustainable Transportation Award, June 2006
- The Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters Award, November 2002, June 2003, October 2005, June 2006, and January 2018
- Environmental Protection Agency Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative Award, February 2003
Diaz Compean Student Union, 1st Floor, Suite 1800
San Jose State University, One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0129
Telephone: (408) 924-7433
Fax: (408) 924-6220
Winter 2023 Hours (Jan. 6th, 2023 - Jan. 24th, 2023)
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, CLOSED 12:00pm-1:00pm
Spring 2023 Hours
Follow us on Social Media