Notice: Student Union Closed Until Further Notice Effective 11/17/2020
To purchase transit passes and bike keys, vist our online store.
TS COVID-19 Response
Please visit the TS COVID -19 response page to learn about changes Transportation Solutions has made to our programs and services during COVID-19.
What We Do
Transportation Solutions (TS) helps alleviate automobile traffic to SJSU and reduce impact on the University’s parking facilities.TS is dedicated to serving the commute needs of students and employees at SJSU. Its region-wide operation emphasizes alternatives to driving alone.
Get unlimited rides on VTA buses and Light Rail with the SmartPass Clipper and SJSU Tower Card.
Learn more about bike use, storage, and safety on campus.
Find the best way to get to, from and around campus with custom and pre-planned trips.
Discounts on HWY 17 Express, Altamount Corridor Express and Capitol Corridor.
Share the costs of your commute. Carpool with a fellow Spartan, our resources make it easy!
Park free at any of the VTA lots and take light rail to SJSU using your SmartPass Clipper.
Berryessa and Milpitas BART opened on June 13th, 2020. The closest BART station to SJSU is Berryessa Station in North San Jose. VTA Rapid 500 bus provides connection between SJSU and Berryessa BART station.
The VTA Rapid 500 bus stop closest to SJSU is located on 5th & Santa Clara, approximately 0.3 miles from campus. Service on the VTA Rapid 500 bus is free with your SmartPass Clipper card.
For information on how to get to the BART station nearest you, directions can be found on the BART website.
When Berryessa BART opened, VTA eliminated the 181 Express bus. Students travelling from Femont should take BART to Berryessa station and transfer to the VTA rapid 500 bus to get to SJSU.
If you have any concerns about these changes might impact you or if you need assistance finding an alternative route to campus please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation Solutions operates under the auxiliary organization Associated Students (AS). TS receives funding from the following sources:
- Part of the campus miscellaneous fees for Associated Students
- Annual grant ($95K) from UPD Parking Services’ Alternative Transportation Funds
- Grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA). To date, TS has received $2.1 million in grant funds from TFCA since 2001.
Awards & Recognitions
- Bicycle Friendly University presented by the League of Bicycle Friendly America, September 2015
- The Clean Air Award presented by Breathe California, April 2009
- University of California, California State University and California Community Colleges Sustainable Transportation Award, June 2006
- The Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters Award, November 2002, June 2003, October 2005, June 2006, and January 2018
- Environmental Protection Agency Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative Award, February 2003
Diaz Compean Student Union, 1st Floor, Suite 1800
San Jose State University, One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0129
Telephone: (408) 924-7433
Fax: (408) 924-6220
Limited In-Person Hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00am - 2:00pm (Closed Until Further Notice)
Virtual Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm