Our summer hours will be Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm!
The Smartpass request link for Spring is now open! Review our Smartpass program updates to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to completing the online request form. Note: Your Tower ID is required for pick up.
TS COVID-19 Response
Please visit the TS COVID -19 response page to learn about changes Transportation Solutions has made to our programs and services during COVID-19.
What We Do
Transportation Solutions (TS) helps alleviate automobile traffic to SJSU and reduce the impact on the University’s parking facilities. TS is dedicated to serving the commute needs of students and employees at SJSU. Its region-wide operation emphasizes alternatives to driving alone.
Please see our TS brochure [pdf] that has information on the many different services that we offer!
Get unlimited rides on VTA buses and Light Rail with the SmartPass Clipper and SJSU Tower Card.
Learn more about bike use, storage, and safety on campus.
Find the best way to get to, from, and around campus with custom and pre-planned trips.
Discounts on HWY 17 Express, Altamont Corridor Express, and Capitol Corridor.
Share the costs of your commute. Carpool with a fellow Spartan; our resources make it easy!
Park free at any VTA lots and take light rail to SJSU using your SmartPass Clipper.
The Berryessa and Milpitas BART stations were opened on June 13th, 2020, and the closest station to SJSU is the Berryessa Station. VTA Rapid 500 bus provides a connection between SJSU and Berryessa BART station.
The VTA Rapid 500 bus stop closest to SJSU is located on 5th & Santa Clara, approximately 0.3 miles from campus. The VTA Rapid 500 bus service is free with your SmartPass Clipper card
For information on how to get to the BART station nearest you, directions can be found on the BART website.
VTA eliminated the line 181 Express bus when the Milpitas and Berryessa BART station opened. Students travelling from Fremont should take BART to Berryessa station and transfer to the VTA rapid 500 bus to get to SJSU.
If you have any concerns about these changes that might impact you or need assistance finding an alternative route to campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation Solutions operates under the auxiliary organization Associated Students (AS). TS receives funding from the following sources:
- Part of the campus miscellaneous fees for Associated Students
- Annual grant ($95K) from UPD Parking Services’ Alternative Transportation Funds
- Grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District Transportation Fund for Clean Air (TFCA). TS has received $2.1 million in grant funds from TFCA since 2001.
Awards & Recognitions
- Bicycle Friendly University presented by the League of Bicycle Friendly America, September 2015
- The Clean Air Award presented by Breathe California, April 2009
- University of California, California State University and California Community Colleges Sustainable Transportation Award, June 2006
- The Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters Award, November 2002, June 2003, October 2005, June 2006, and January 2018
- Environmental Protection Agency Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative Award, February 2003
Diaz Compean Student Union, 1st Floor, Suite 1800
San Jose State University, One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0129
Telephone: (408) 924-7433
Fax: (408) 924-6220
In Person Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:00pm
Please email email@example.com for any questions.
Follow us on Social Media