The Smartpass request link for Fall is now open! Review our Smartpass overview page to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for your current status prior to completing the online request form. Note: Your Tower ID is required for pick up.
For information on the BayPass Pilot, visit our webpage.
What We Do
Transportation Solutions (TS) helps alleviate automobile traffic to SJSU and reduce the impact on the University’s parking facilities. TS is dedicated to serving the commute needs of students and employees at SJSU. Its region-wide operation emphasizes alternatives to driving to campus.
Our Getting Around SJSU brochure [pdf] has all the key information of programs we offer to support your transportation needs.
Check out Transit Map [pdf] featuring bus stops, light rail stations, BayWheels stations, bike and scooter parking, bike lanes, restaurants and more!
For our go-to information on TS events, sign up links, and other relevant info - visit our LinkTree!
Commuter Resource Guides
This guide we created offers the need to know information impacting your commute.
Additional Transit Resources
- SmartPass Program: Get unlimited rides on VTA buses and Light Rail with the SmartPass Clipper and your SJSU Tower Card.
- Bicycles: Learn more about bike use, storage, and safety on campus.
- Trip Plans: Find the best way to get to, from, and around campus with custom and pre-planned trips.
- Regional Transit: Find SJSU discounts on HWY 17 Express, Altamont Corridor Express, and Capitol Corridor.
- VTA Park and Ride Lots: Park free at any VTA lots and take light rail to SJSU using your SmartPass Clipper.
- Carpool: Share the costs of your commute. Carpool with a fellow Spartan - our resources make it easy!
Events & Updates
- Save the date,Thursday, September 29th for an SJSU Transit Month Celebration with Spartan leaders to celebrate the launch of the BayPass and the success of the existing SmartPass program! Join us for a Press Conference at 10am featuring Interim President Steve Perez, County Supervisor Cindy Chavez, Councilmember Raul Peralez, BayPass holders. Then just us for our VTA Ride-Along starting at City Hall at 4:30pm or meet us at Cahill Park from 5-7pm. Register today!
- Update: Due to construction, the E San Fernando & South 7th St stop for HWY 17 Express (across from SJSU) will be closed from Aug 19 – Sept 19, 2022. The closest bus stop for HWY 17 Express can be taken from the City Hall stop on Santa Clara and 5th St.
- Update: Expect road closures and VTA delays on September 18th for the Viva Calle San Jose event.
- Update: Santa Cruz METRO Announces Free Fares for the First Two Weeks of the Fall Schedule, September 15 – 29, 2022. To view the fall service changes online visit the news bulletin or preview the Fall Schedule before it is released.
Transportation Solutions operates under the auxiliary organization Associated Students (AS). TS receives funding from the following sources:
- Part of the campus miscellaneous fees for Associated Students
- Annual grant ($95K) from UPD Parking Services’ Alternative Transportation Funds
- Grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District Transportation Fund for Clean
Air (TFCA). TS has received $2.1 million in grant funds from TFCA since 2001.
Awards & Recognitions
- Bicycle Friendly University presented by the League of Bicycle Friendly America, September 2015
- The Clean Air Award presented by Breathe California, April 2009
- University of California, California State University and California Community Colleges Sustainable Transportation Award, June 2006
- The Bay Area’s Best Workplaces for Commuters Award, November 2002, June 2003, October 2005, June 2006, and January 2018
- Environmental Protection Agency Commuter Choice Leadership Initiative Award, February 2003
Diaz Compean Student Union, 1st Floor, Suite 1800
San Jose State University, One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0129
Telephone: (408) 924-7433
Fax: (408) 924-6220
Fall 2022 Hours
Follow us on Social Media