Additional Benefit Programs
Employees have the option to enroll in several types of voluntary insurance and benefit plans. These plans are entirely employee paid.
- Additional Benefit Providers
- Auto and Home Insurance
- CalPERS Long Term Care
- COVID-19 Related Changes for Plan Year 2020
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Group Critical Illness
- Life and Disability Insurance
- MetLaw® Legal Plan
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Savings Plans
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
For more information, see Your UP Representatives and contact your Benefits Service Representative.
Auto and Home Insurance
California Casualty provides auto and home insurance options for CSU employees. See the California Casualty website or contact them at 1-866-680-5142 for more information.
You may enroll at any time.
CalPERS Long Term Care
A person requires long-term care when they need help with two or more of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (moving in and out of a bed, chair or wheelchair), eating or continence.
Long-term care plans cover certain services provided in a setting other than an acute care unit of a hospital, such as a nursing home, residential care facility, adult day care center or in the home, according to the plan selected.
This benefit is offered to all CalPERS employees, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and siblings (age 18 and older) and is entirely employee-paid.
There are three plans to choose from: (a) comprehensive, (b) facilities only, and (c) partnership.
For more information see CalPERS Long-Term Care Program or contact CalPERS at 1-800-908-9119.
Critical Illness & Accident Insurance – Coming Soon!
The CSU is transitioning its Critical Illness coverage from Aflac to The Standard in early 2020. In addition, a new Accident Insurance option will be available. More information will be provided soon but you may visit The Standard for more information.
A special enrollment period will be held in early 2020. Current Aflac participants may stay with Aflac via direct pay or transfer to the new coverage with The Standard in 2020.
MetLaw® Legal Plan
- MetLaw® plan, offered by MetLife, covers representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Offered to CSU employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Eligible dependents are covered at no additional cost.
- Members are required to remain in the plan for a full benefit plan year.
- Covered legal services performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule.
To apply or get more information visit MetLife or contact their customer service at 1-800-438-6388.
Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accidental death & dismemberment plan, offered by The Standard, pays a benefit to the employee or his/her selected beneficiary in the event of death due to an accident or dismemberment at a benefit level selected by the employee.
- Offered to all regular benefits eligible CSU employees. Coverage for eligible dependents available at an additional cost.
- Eligible employees can enroll at any time during the year and will not be subject to Evidence of Insurability.
For more information go to http://www.standard.com/mybenefits/csu or contact The Standard customer service at 1-800-378-5745. To apply, make changes, or review benefits log in at https://standard.benselect.com/csu.
Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability plan, offered by The Standard, provides loss of income protection (up to 60%) due to a qualified disability.
- Two plans are offered to employees eligible for the CSU-paid LTD plan: one with a 30-day waiting period and one with a 90-day waiting period.
- For more information see The Standard or contact them at 1-800-378-5745.
Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Nationwide offers two benefit options for your pets, covering accidents, illness, preventive care, and wellness services.
- Plans are available for dogs, cats, birds, small mammals and exotics (such as reptiles).
- Employees can enroll during open enrollment and coverage will be effective January 1, 2020.
- For more information or to enroll visit Pet Insurance or call 1-877-738-7874.
Would you like more information about your benefits?