Additional Benefit Programs
Employees have the option to enroll in several types of voluntary insurance and benefit plans. These plans are entirely employee paid.
- Additional Benefit Providers
- Auto and Home Insurance
- CalPERS Long Term Care
- COVID-19 Related Changes for Plan Year 2020
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Group Critical Illness
- Life and Disability Insurance
- MetLaw® Legal Plan
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Savings Plans
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
For more information, see Your UP Representatives and contact your Benefits Service Representative.
You may enroll at any time.
A person requires long-term care when they need help with two or more of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (moving in and out of a bed, chair or wheelchair), eating or continence.
Long-term care plans cover certain services provided in a setting other than an acute care unit of a hospital, such as a nursing home, residential care facility, adult day care center or in the home, according to the plan selected.
This benefit is offered to all CalPERS employees, spouses, parents, parents-in-law and siblings (age 18 and older) and is entirely employee-paid.
There are three plans to choose from: (a) comprehensive, (b) facilities only, and (c) partnership.
For more information see CalPERS Long-Term Care Program or contact CalPERS at 1-800-908-9119.
The CSU is transitioning its Critical Illness coverage from Aflac to The Standard in early 2020. In addition, a new Accident Insurance option will be available. More information will be provided soon but you may visit The Standard for more information.
A special enrollment period will be held in early 2020. Current Aflac participants may stay with Aflac via direct pay or transfer to the new coverage with The Standard in 2020.
- MetLaw® plan, offered by MetLife, covers representation for many personal legal services for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Offered to CSU employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Eligible dependents are covered at no additional cost.
- Members are required to remain in the plan for a full benefit plan year.
- Covered legal services performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule.
To apply or get more information visit MetLife or contact their customer service at 1-800-438-6388.
- Accidental death & dismemberment plan, offered by The Standard, pays a benefit to the employee or his/her selected beneficiary in the event of death due to an accident or dismemberment at a benefit level selected by the employee.
- Offered to all regular benefits eligible CSU employees. Coverage for eligible dependents available at an additional cost.
- Eligible employees can enroll at any time during the year and will not be subject to Evidence of Insurability.
For more information go to http://www.standard.com/mybenefits/csu or contact The Standard customer service at 1-800-378-5745. To apply, make changes, or review benefits log in at https://standard.benselect.com/csu.
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability plan, offered by The Standard, provides loss of income protection (up to 60%) due to a qualified disability.
- Two plans are offered to employees eligible for the CSU-paid LTD plan: one with a 30-day waiting period and one with a 90-day waiting period.
- For more information see The Standard or contact them at 1-800-378-5745.
- Nationwide offers two benefit options for your pets, covering accidents, illness, preventive care, and wellness services.
- Plans are available for dogs, cats, birds, small mammals and exotics (such as reptiles).
- Employees can enroll during open enrollment and coverage will be effective January 1, 2020.
- For more information or to enroll visit Pet Insurance or call 1-877-738-7874.
Would you like more information about your benefits?