Tax Information

Tax Year

For income tax reporting purposes, the tax year is December 1 through November 30. As December’s paycheck is issued January 1 of the following year, it is considered income for the new tax year.

Manage Your Withholding Information

To make changes to your Withholding Information, visit University Personnel (UPD 3rd Floor).

See the Paycheck Calculator to estimate net pay based on changes in withholding.

Form W-2 Information

Heading Content
How do I change my address so my Form W-2 gets sent to my current address?
  1. Go to the Address tab of your Personal Information in MySJSU
  2. Click the Edit icon on the address you wish to update
  3. Update all applicable fields
  4. Click OK
  5. Enter the date the change will take effect
  6. Save
When will the Form W-2 be mailed?

Your Form W-2 is issued by the State of California Controller’s Office and is mailed by the end of January each year.

What if I don’t receive my Form W-2 in the mail?

If you have not received your Form W-2 by January 31 of the tax year, please contact your Payroll Representative. Form W-2s that are undeliverable by the post office will be returned to University Personnel.

Generally there is a fee of $8.50 charged by the State Controller’s Office for a duplicate copy of the Form W-2. If your address is correct in the system and your Form W-2 has not been received, please contact your Payroll Representative. A waiver of the processing fee may be applied if your address has not changed.

What if I receive a damaged Form W-2?

Complete a Duplicate Wage and Tax Statement Request Form [pdf] and bring the damaged Form W-2 form and completed Duplicate Wage and Tax form to University Personnel (UPD 3rd floor).

How do I obtain a Form W-2 from a prior year?

Complete and submit a Duplicate Wage and Tax Statment Request Form [pdf] and mail it to the State Controller's Office (address is on the form).

There is a fee of $8.50 charged by the State Controller's Office for duplicate copy of the Form W-2.

For additional information contact your payroll representative.