What is a Special Consultant?
A Special Consultant is a professional, exempt, temporary employee who has extensive, demonstrated experience in a particular area or specialty in which services are required for a defined period of time. A Special Consultant appointment is a professional assignment that requires the consultant’s particular knowledge, ability, or expertise.
The work performed by a Special Consultant is non-bargaining unit work and the employee is paid at a daily rate, once per month. Appointment as a Special Consultant shall not exceed one year.
Eligibility to Work
Special Consultants must be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may not begin work until the successful completion of a background check.
Hiring a Faculty Special Consultant
Hiring a Staff Special Consultant
- Complete the Temporary Support Request [pdf] and submit, along with an application and resume, to email@example.com
- The request will be reviewed by the recruiter
- Once the background check clears, the department is informed
- An email will be sent to the department regarding form I-9 initiation
- Recruiter will send the consultant a new hire paperwork email
- Once the work has been completed, the department forwards the Special Consultant Payment [Non-Faculty][DocuSign] [pdf] form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recruiter will review the voucher and forward to Employee Support Services for processing.