Find more information on SJSU Registrar's Office.
Ready to Graduate?
Check the graduation information on the Registrar's Office for deadlines.
You can apply for graduation as long as have completed 85 units and are not in a disqualified academic standing. If students apply for graduation in a timely fashion, they will have two semesters of priority registration (Spring and Fall).
If you are applying for graduation:
- If you have completed 85 units, you are eligible to apply for graduation through your MySJSU account [pdf]. Please note that these 85 units do not include in-progress or planned units. In
other words, you can refer to your unofficial SJSU transcript to see how many units
earned (UE) you have completed as of your last finalized term.
- After you apply to graduate, continue to monitor your MyProgress report. This is the
report that will be used to clear your degree. As you move along in your academic
career, MyProgress will tell you what you have completed (green circle checkmarks),
what you are in the progress of completing (yellow diamonds), and what you still need
to complete (red squares). If you notice any descrepancies or inaccuracies in your
report, please contact your major or minor advisors for issues with your major/minor
or the H&A Success Center for issues with your GE courses.
- If you need exceptions (formally known as substitutions) made to your degree plan,
please reach out to your major or minor advisor so they can submit the exception request.
Advisors are assigned by the first letter of the student's last name:
Student Last Name Advisor A-G Capri Burrows
H-N Dr. Hojeong Lee
O-Z Raha Shojaei
Student Last Name Advisor A-G Andrea Bechert
H-N Kirsten Brandt
O-Z Amy Glazer
The Department of Film and Theatre usually hosts a graduation convocation at the end of each spring semester. When offered, a limited number of tickets are available for this event. NOTE: Due to the pandemic, the department will not host a 2022 graduation ceremony this Spring.
The date of the Humanities and Arts general graduation is announced in early spring semester.
- Department-made film: Sammy Graduates (2013)
- Hilarious Graduation speech by Julian Huguet (2012)