Two-Factor Authentication (MFA) adds a second layer of security to your SJSUOne account.
SJSU has licensed Duo MFA for the entire SJSU community including staff, faculty,
students, applicants, and alumni. All members of the SJSU community are required to
use Duo MFA when accessing apps at SJSUOne. You can learn more about Duo MFA at https://guide.duo.com/.
Setting up Duo MFA
If you choose to authenticate with the Duo Mobile App on your Apple or Android smartphone, set-up is a self-service process. At your next one.SJSU login, a series
of prompts will guide you through the Duo Mobile enrollment process.
If you choose to authenticate with a hardware token (key fob), the IT Service Desk will let you know when your hardware token is ready to be picked up. After your hardware
token has been activated and issued to you, you will be prompted at each login to
enter the special security code provided by your hardware token.
Enable/Disable Auto-Push for MFA
Would you like to speed up your login time with multi-factor authentication? Turn
on auto-push to automatically be prompted by the authentication method of your choice
in the Duo Mobile app.
To turn on auto-push, follow the steps listed below:
1. Visit the Multi-Factor Authentication Profile page.
2. Enter your SJSU ID and password in the username and password fields. Click Login.
3. Before Authenticating with MFA, Click My Settings & Devices under Settings.
4. Then complete your multi-factor authentication.
5. Under Default Device, select your default device from the drop-down menu.
6. Under When I log in, select the Automatically send this device a Duo Push option.
7. Click Save.
There is no cost to campus community members.
Using the smartphone app factor is covered by the CSU master license.
Hardware tokens (key fobs) are purchased by SJSU and provided to you. Replacements
are available for broken or lost fobs.
Contact the IT Service Desk at 408-924-1530.
Because Duo MFA is a security service, the IT Service Desk must confirm your identity before providing assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions