Our transformative vision for San Jose State University propels every decision we make. By leveraging our location in Silicon Valley to build industry partnerships and bring enterprise tools to campus, we’re making SJSU a leader in high education technology. Incorporating technology into the everyday experience of our university’s students, faculty, staff, and researchers should make their lives easier and empower them to lead fulfilling academic and professional careers.
Digital Transformation Mission
Create a global reputation that positions SJSU as the safest campus in the country by utilizing cutting-edge initiatives and enterprise-grade technology solutions that put user experience at the forefront of a digital transformation for the university and its campus community.
Five Megatrends Strategy
- Data & Analytics: Instilling a data-driven culture enables every level of our university to make better decisions based on data instead of inherited beliefs and ineffective assumptions. Data allows us to challenge traditions and cut through institutional and historical bias so we can focus on continuous improvements and real-world insights.
- Cyber and Physical Security: This is especially critical considering our fully remote work-from-anywhere environment. Protecting data requires proactive measures that place usability and reliability at the forefront. We want SJSU to be the safest campus in the country, so we are collaborating closely with all divisions, instituting a consistent customer feedback loop, and working as a community to stay informed as well as keep SJSU safe.
- Personalization: Customer service and ease-of-use are central to everything we do. Technology should work for you.
- Technology as Competitive Advantage: Embracing new technologies that set us apart as a forward-thinking university adds value to the work our staff produce, the research our faculty undertake, and the success of our students and graduates.
- Digital & Social Media: SJSU IT actively engages prospective students, current students, alumni and their families at all socioeconomic levels. Modern communication methods keep our campus community aware of all the tools available to them and help maintain transparency.