FCC Affordable Connectivity Program
What You Need To Know
The FCC ACP helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare, and more. This will be a critical resource for many of our at-risk students.
- The program provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Who Has Access
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers), Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811, Public Housing, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians, or Food
- Distribution Program on Indian Reservations; or
Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income internet program.
What You Need To Do
How do I get started with my application for the FCC ACP?
You can go to GetInternet.gov to check your eligibility and start the application online. Eligible households can also enroll through an approved provider.
How can I contact FCC ACP and what is their business hour?
FCC Affordable Connectivity Program by email at ACPSupport@usac.org or by phone at 1 (877) 384-2575, seven days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET.
Will I be able to use the service and the device if I have a disability?
The services and devices will be accessible to and usable by people with disabilities. If you have any concerns about whether your internet service and equipment is accessible, contact the FCC's Disability Rights office at 202-418-2517 for a voice phone call, at 844-432-2275 by videophone, or by email at DRO@fcc.gov.
Support: Need Help or Have Questions?
To view more of the frequently asked questions of the FCC Affordable Connectivity Program, please visit the FCC's Affordable Connectivity Program FAQ page.