Cost Recovery from Other CSU Campuses
The CSU uses the Cash Posting Order (CPO) as its standard mechanism for cost recovery between campuses (including the Chancellor's Office). Instead of invoicing Campus B for expenses Campus A has incurred on its behalf, Campus A simply submits a CPO to the Chancellor's Office. The Chancellor's Office then notifies the bank used by the CSU to move cash from Campus B's account to Campus A's account.
Submitting a CPO request
- Download the current CPO Request Form (xlsx)
- Enter the requested information on the CPO Request Form tab. A sample is provided on a separate tab.
- Send the file to the Accountant in charge of chargebacks/cost recovery accounts (see Accounting Services).
- Attach documentation (such as an MOU, travel claim, conference registration sign-up sheet, etc.) showing that the charge is legitimate and has been authorized by the other campus(es).
- Contact the Accountant if you have any questions about this process.
Note: In most cases, expenses to be reimbursed from other CSU campuses should be recorded in fund 77011 and your department's deptID (no project is required). The cost recovery will be recorded in the same fund. If the expense was recorded in another fund, you must process an Expense Journal in Financial Transaction Services to move it to 77011.