Use the GoCard to prepay expenses related to official university travel. GoCards will be issued only to staff responsible for arranging and coordinating travel for their department.
For more information, please refer to the GoCard Guide [pdf].
- Keep Card and card number secure.
- Comply with university GoCard program policy and procedures.
- Reconcile monthly statements with matching receipts and send them to the Approving Official via DocuSign for approval.
- Download the signed statement from DocuSign and submit the statement via FTS to Payment Services by the 1st of the month or following business day.
- Immediately report lost/stolen cards and questionable/fraudulent charges to the credit card company, GoCard Program Coordinator and Approving Official.
- Return the card to the GoCard Program Coordinator before leaving the university or when there is no longer a need for the card.
- Submit ProCard/GoCard Update Form [DocuSign] form if an Approving Official change is made.
- Agree to the consequences of violating the GoCard program policy and procedures.
- Review charges for appropriateness and prior approval of expenses.
- Be familiar with SJSU travel policies.
- Know the policy/ramification for late statement submissions and restricted purchases.
- Agree to uphold the expectations of the GoCard program policy and procedures.
- Apply for a GoCard
- Eligible employees can request a card by submitting a ProCard/GoCard Application Form [DocuSign]. The program coordinator automatically receives a copy of the application once it’s complete.
- Complete Introduction to Finance (FIN101) prior to applying for GoCard.
- Update GoCard Information
To make changes to your GoCard account (name changes, add/remove an approving official, transfer departments, increase credit limit, etc.) submit a ProCard/GoCard Update Form [DocuSign] form. The program coordinator automatically receives a copy of the request once it’s completed.
- Introduction to Finance (FIN101) is to be completed prior to applying for a GoCard. Enroll in Finance and Business Services Training.
- A GoCard Overview will be scheduled by the GoCard Coordinator once the card arrives. Cardholders receive their GoCard at the end of the overview.
- The GoCard/ProCard Reconciliation Workshop is recommended prior to the cardholder’s first reconciliation.
- Allowable Expenses
- Conference Fees
- Registration Fees
- Car Rentals
- Toll Fees
- Travel Arrangements through Fell Travel
- What Cannot be Purchase with a GoCard
- Cash Advances
- Payments to another California State University
- Memberships (unless billed together with registration)
- Any expense not related to University business
- Reconciliation and Submission
To complete the CFS Reconciliation
- Access the CSU ProCard module in CFS.
- Search for the ProCard statement by cardholder name.
- Update chartfields as needed.
- Enter purchase descriptions in the comment fields.
- Save the statement and click the print icon.
- Click process monitor and download the statement.
Statement Signatures in Docusign
- Use the GoCard/ProCard Statement template and upload your updated statement.
- Add both cardholder and approving official signatures and dates to the statement.
- Download a signed copy of the statement from DocuSign.
- Log into FTS, and click the ProCard/GoCard Statement Submission link.
- Enter the cardholder employee ID, the ProCard invoice number, and the statement date.
- Upload the signed statement as an attachment.
- Click Submit.