Special Approvals by Department
The following departments may needs to approve special contracts and activities.
You can also review special approvals by category.
- Facilities Development and Operations (FD&O)
Fixtures, Furniture and Equipment (FF&E) items require FD&O review and written approval before submitting a requisition. Please refer to the FF&E Permit Requirements [pdf] and submit a permit application [pdf], if applicable, before installing the FF&E item.
If you need to use an SJSU Building or Facilities for a scheduled event, please submit a FD&O Facilities Request.
If you want to use new chemicals, they must be reviewed by the campus Chemical Hygiene Officer. Please submit the Hazardous Materials Request Form [pdf].
- Office of Research
- Information Technology
Information Technology must review all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) purchases for:
- Accessibility to ensure Section 508 compliance.
- Adherence to data security standards.
- Feasibility and integration.
We recommend that departments complete a Technology Requisition Impact Assessment (TRIA) form before submitting a requisition.
- Research Foundation
- Risk Management
- Strategic Communications & Marketing
- University Personnel
All requisitions for contracted services that could potentially be performed by a CSUEU staff member must be reviewed and approved by UP Compliance to:
- Ensure there is no favoritism in the acquisition of goods and services
- Comply with conflict of interest policies
- Verify the contractor is complying with IRS guidelines.
Should the contract meet or exceed 180 days, a meet and confer with the CSUEU may be required. Notice to the Union is required by the 120 day mark.
If the contracted service is outside the scope of the bargaining units, then departments do not need University Personnel approval.
- University Police