Training and Tutorials
Finance and Business Services provides training opportunities to university administrative staff and MPPs pertaining to financial, procurement and payment policies and processes. Training is offered through formal class sessions, online tutorials or manuals, and in Finance Open Lab.
San José State University has four applications for financial activities. You can access them via the university's app portal at one.SJSU.edu.
In order to access our financial systems, employees must complete the required finance introduction course. You can also take our recommended courses, which provide step-by-step instructions for specific financial activities.
|Financial Transaction Services (FTS)||
|Common Finance System (CFS)|
|CFS Data Warehouse||
Department Level Report Set-Up
Fund Level Report Set-Up
FABS Open Labs are informal sessions where personnel from Finance and Business Services are available to answer questions from department users who have access to SJSU's finance systems. We can help with a number of topics, including:
- Understanding procurement policies and guidelines
- Entering procurement and payment requests
- Checking payment status on a voucher
- Recording receipts and inspections
- Running reports or reviewing financial data in Finance Data Warehouse
- Navigating the Finance website
- Submitting travel authorizations and reimbursements
Please not that Opens Labs do not substitute the required training for getting access to our Finance systems (CFS, FTS, and CFS Data Warehouse).
Open Labs Schedule August - December
- Friday, August 5, 2-4pm
- Friday, August 19, 2-4pm
- Friday, September 2, 2-4pm
- Friday, September 16, 2-4pm
- Friday, October 21, 2-4pm
- Friday, October 28, 2-4pm
- Friday, November 4, 2-4pm
- Friday, December 9, 2-4pm
No reservation is needed, just login and join us via Zoom with your questions.