Handset & Soft Phone Support, Conference phones, extension provisioning, 911 support, voice mail, 800 Numbers Baseline (bundled) and add-on telephone and voice-mail (including moves and changes).
What You Need to Know
Information Technology provides all campus telephone operations and support (analog and digital), including:
- Desk phones and softphones
- Video phones (select units)
- Campus Bluephones, and other wall/safety phones
- Voice trunks and services
- Fax lines
- Audio conferencing
- 911 and emergency calling services
- Telephone directory for Faculty, Staff and Departments
- Speed dial for individuals or groups
Who Has Access
Cost & Requirements
There is no cost but you must have an active OneSJSU ID# and work in a SJSU affiliated building.
- Personal Use of State-Provided Telephones:
- State telephones are provided for the conduct of State business and not personal use.
- No personal long distance calls should be made from State telephones
- No personal calls should interfere with the conduct of State business
- Employees found in violation of the personal telephone use policies are subject to disciplinary action
What You Need to Do
- Open a Help Ticket or
- Or Complete the Telephone and Network (Internet) Service Request (can be filled out by Administrative Staff or Department IT Tech)
IT is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all SJSU voice and data cable. To request service and/or repairs, please complete our Telephone and Network (Internet) Service Request Form.
The type of information that should be included with your cabling request is predicated upon the complexity of the job:
- If the scope of work is adding one telephone line to a location, the work request could simply state that requirement.
- If the project includes new construction, remodeling of existing spaces or demolition work, a written scope of work and a floor plan or blue prints will be required.
The information required to create your cabling request(s) would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Requester's name and contact information
- Primary contact name and contact information, if applicable
- Best time(s) for a callback to schedule a walk-through inspection
- Brief description of the location and scope of work
Upon receipt of the initial request, a walk-through inspection will be scheduled by an Information Technology cabling technician.
Quotation and Work Schedule
Once our cabling technician has completed the walk-rough inspection and examined all relevant documentation, a quote will be created and sent to the requestor for approval. When we receive the signed quote with a charge code from the requestor, the materials will be ordered and the work scheduled.
SJSU is a Commscope Systimax Structured Cabling Systems site. All our Information Technology cable technicians have completed Commscope installation training, authorizing them to perform fiber optic cable installation and testing, and UTP copper cable installation and testing.
When installed and managed by an SJSU Systimax certified technician, Commscope covers the cable under a 20-year warranty. In addition to the Commscope standards, our Information Technology cable technicians are also familiar with the SJSU Campus Cabling Standards.
Support: Need Help or Have Questions
For Campus Telephone support, open a ticket request.