Chargebacks have been used as a way for a department to collect funds from other department(s) for the services they provided. For example:


If your department needs to collect funds from multiple departments (including auxiliary organizations), please complete the Journal Upload Entry Request (xls) and send request to the Accounting Technician responsible for processing chargebacks in Accounting Services.

For services provided to outside customers such as a sorority/fraternity or the City of San Jose, an invoice will need to be issued by Accounting Services. To request an invoice to the outside customer, complete the Billing Request to Outside Customers (xls) and return it to Accounting Services.