How do I earn, record, and cash out my points?
Every time you attend or complete an eligible activity, complete and submit the GO student activity entry form to receive points. You must use your SJSU email address to complete the form.
New Quarantine Edition: You are required to create and save an attachment that shows you have completed the event or activity. That could be a 'selfie' of you at the event, a receipt, an email confirmation of attendance, a handout from the event, a screenshot, or anything else that demonstrates your participation or attendance. Save all of these in a folder. At the end of the semester, we may ask for you to send your evidence of attendance.
You can cash out your points for prizes two times a year: November-December, and April-May. We will post information on cashing out points in your weekly student newsletter during the months of October, November, March and April. We are building a GO app, but until then you must track your own points using the submission confirmations you receive in your SJSU email account. Final points will be reviewed and verified when you submit your request to cash out points for prizes.
New Quarantine Edition: Prizes that you can earn with points include:
Tier 1: 30 Points
- A set of 100 business cards with your name and preferred contact information. One set per semester.
- A Spartan VIP Gold points card, worth $20 - can be used at bookstore, online bookstore and food court. One card per semester.
- If you are graduating this semester, and you have a minimum of 30 points, you can request a 'graduation recognition' (blue and gold) cord.
Tier 2: 60 Points
At 60 points, you are eligible for BOTH the Gold points card and the business cards.
- Automatically given at this level: (1) graduation recognition cord; (2) Recognition in SJSU College of Engineering social media.
Tier 3: 100 Points
At 60 points, you are eligible for BOTH the Gold points card and the business cards,
- A LinkedIn endorsement from the Dean
- Automatically given at this level: (1) graduation recognition cord; (2) Recognition in the College of Engineering alumni magazine.
Again, this is our New Quarantine Edition. We hope to host a Zoom GO program party with special guests for active participants. . . look to your newsletters for more information.