Click file a iTicket if you have any questions!
What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? (link)
How to upload my profile picture and add contact information (Google doc)
How to manage notification preferences settings (link)
How to navigate the Canvas course interface (Google doc)
How do I take a quiz (link)
Canvas Student Guide (link)
- Create accessible PowerPoint and Word doc
- Free software available for SJSU students
- Gradescope assignment and exam tool
- Linkedln Learning
- Online course website offering video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. (link)
If your instructor uses iClicker for class participation, polling, or quiz, you’ll need to sign up for an account by entering San Jose State University as the institution along with your SJSU ID and add your instructor’s class to the iClicker site in order to participate in those activities.
- Use you phone to download the iClicker Reef app
- Sign in with your SJSU account
- Add the course by typing the course title in the search bar
- Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for synchronous class meeting, remote
teaching, office hours, meeting, collaborations, training, etc. You can access your
Zoom account by login to your one.sjsu.edu or sjsu.zoom.us
How to Join a Zoom meeting
Please follow the instruction of your Zoom invitation. You also can download a Zoom app to your mobile device and join a Zoom meeting.
How to join a breakout room (Participating in a breakout room)
Video Tutorials Links
- How to use Zoom whiteboards
- Zoom: Self-Selected Breakout Room (produced on 10/3/2020)
- How to pre-assign breakout room using CSV file (produced on 8/11/2020)
- How to create Recurring Meetings (produced on 8/5/2020)
- How to use an iphone to annotate the whiteboard (produced on 7/20/2020)
- How to record and set up breakout room in the Zoom class
- How to schedule and host a meeting
- How to managing participants panel
- How to sharing content
- How to connect audio conference
- Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for synchronous class meeting, remote teaching, office hours, meeting, collaborations, training, etc. You can access your Zoom account by login to your one.sjsu.edu or sjsu.zoom.us
Online Proctoring Exam Tools
- Lockdown Browser
- ProctorU (only supports the Chrome and Firefox browsers)
If your professor uses ProctorU for exams, please schedule an exam appointment with ProctorU as soon as your professor creates an exam with ProctorU.
It's recommended you schedule an exam appointment with ProctorU at least 72 hours prior to your exam time in order to avoid paying a $5.00 late registration at your own cost.
Three days before taking your proctored exam, you are responsible to
- have your government issued ID (e.g. driver's license or passport) ready. The online proctor will verify your identity before you take the exam.
- make sure your computer has a webcam and a headset (microphone and speaker) in order to communicate with the online proctor.
- test your equipment to ensure equipment functions properly.
- verify technical requirements.
- find a quiet and suitable testing location.
During the exam
- log in to ProctorU's website at least 15-minutes earlier than the exam date.
- call 1-855-772-8678 if you have any technical challenge with ProctorU services.
- an online proctor will guide you through the exam process and verify your identification, explain the exam rules, verify your login information, verify your exam submission, etc.
- Proctorio (only supports the Chrome browsers)
Proctorio is one of the remote exam proctoring solutions, and your instructor may use it to ensure exam security and integrity. In this case, you may be required to turn on your video and audio for recording and you may not be able to access any files on your computer. If you have any questions, please file a ticket.
Please review the Proctorio remote exam information before you take a Proctorio exam.
Proctorio only works on Google Chrome web browser, and it requires users to have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed with Chrome.
- ✔ Find a quiet and suitable testing environment
- ✔ Have your student ID ready if your faculty set up this feature. In this case, Proctorio will take a picture on your ID and confirm your identity
- ✔ Make sure your computer has a webcam and a microphone
- ✔ Meet system requirements
- ✔ Make sure you know how to use Live Chat if you have questions or need help.