Click file a iTicket if you have any questions!
- Create accessible PowerPoint and Word doc
How to make your powerpoint accessible (Google doc)
How to make your Word doc accessible (Website for Mac, Window, Google doc for Mac, Window)
- Free software available for SJSU staff
- Linkedln Learning
Online course website offering video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. (link)
- Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for synchronous class meeting, remote
teaching, office hours, meeting, collaborations, training, etc. You can access your
Zoom account by login to your one.sjsu.edu or sjsu.zoom.us
How to Join a Zoom meeting
Please follow the instruction of your Zoom invitation. You also can download a Zoom app to your mobile device and join a Zoom meeting.
Zoom runs on PC and Mac, iOS, and Android devices. To ensure your computer meets the system requirements.
How to join a breakout room (Participating in a breakout room)
Video Tutorials Links
- How to use Zoom whiteboards
- Zoom: Self-Selected Breakout Room (produced on 10/3/2020)
- How to pre-assign breakout room using CSV file (produced on 8/11/2020)
- How to create Recurring Meetings (produced on 8/5/2020)
- How to use an iphone to annotate the whiteboard (produced on 7/20/2020)
- How to record and set up breakout room in the Zoom class
- How to schedule and host a meeting
- How to managing participants panel
- How to sharing content
- How to connect audio conference
- Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for synchronous class meeting, remote teaching, office hours, meeting, collaborations, training, etc. You can access your Zoom account by login to your one.sjsu.edu or sjsu.zoom.us
Screen recording software
Camtasia is a screen recording software. You can use it to record your computer screen and produce lecture videos. In addition, the videos can be utilized as an alternative learn method to enhance student learning. The video tutorials below can guide you to create a professional-looking and amazing video production!
How to get started?
- Make a Camtasia software request
- Check out the video tutorials and video tips listed below
- Review the Camtasia Checklist [pdf]
Please ensure that you include closed captions on your recording video. If you need captioning support, please visit the Center of Faculty Development (Link).
- How to record video with Camtasia within 7 minutes
- How to edit Camtasia audio
- How to add a quiz
- How to add table of contents
- How to upload my Camtasia file to Youtube
- Recording with Samson XPD1 Lavelier and Camtasia
Quick Tips for recordings
- Plan and determine your recording topics before recording a lecture.
- Script an audio narration script before recording.
- Keep your video short for the purpose of keeping audience attention span.
- Use headsets for better audio quality, and it can remove the background noise.
- Speak at an appropriate speed which combined with fast, slow, and medium speed in order to make your lecture videos clearer.
- Stay focused on your topics, and it can prevent audience from feel disengaged with the topics.
- Ensure including closed captioning.
- Use table of contents while editing your recordings (as needed).
Qualtrics is a web-based, user-friendly survey tool. You can use it for research, collaboration, evaluation, etc.
A quick-started video
Request for Staff Professional Development Funding
If you have a question, please email the Staff Advisory Council